Hello, I am Denise Courtney, Director of Courtney Associates. We are a dynamic Management Development Training Organisation based in the North West of England. We specialise in all aspects of Leadership, Management and Supervision and deliver training both nationally and internationally to both Public and Private sector organisations across all industry sectors. We deliver regular Public/Open courses across 5 major city centre locations throughout the UK and we also deliver customised, tailored and bespoke training programmes for all sizes of company on a national basis. We also specialise in DiSC Behavioural Profiling.
The company is headed up by Tom Courtney who is a recognised leader in his field and has almost 30 years experience delivering Management training to all levels of employees, from newly appointed supervisors to experienced senior level executives.
Tel: 0800 158 8314
We specialise in providing training solutions for both "Employers" and "Individual Learners" in the areas of Leadership, Management and Supervision and we deliver 1 and 2 day training courses in the areas listed below. We have recently added Finance, Marketing, Sales and Project Management training to our portfolio.
The training can either be delivered on an "In-Company" basis where we design tailored/bespoke training for your managers which is delivered on your premises, or on a "Public/Open Course" basis where you can select individual members of your team to attend any of our courses which are held in 5 key city centre locations throughout the UK from January through to December.
Please check our website for further details of the dates and venues for each course.
Our Courses and Services
BUSINESS & MANAGEMENT
- Managing Change
- Project Management
- A Masterclass in Effective Communication
- Advanced Communication Skills for Managers
- Finance for Non Financial Managers (1 and 2 day courses)
LEADERSHIP & MANAGEMENT
- Leading High Performing Teams
- Essential Skills for Supervisors and Team Leaders
- Introduction to Management
- Influencing, Persuading and Negotiating Skills
- Managing People Performance and Appraisal Skills
- Assertiveness at Work Masterclass
- Effective Minute Taking
- Delivering Presentations with Confidence
- Delivering Powerful Presentations
SALES & MARKETING
- Delivering Winning Sales Pitches
- Essential Sales Skills
- Successful Marketing
- Train The Trainer
- The Secrets of Effective Time Management - Running Effective Meetings
Director2011 - Current
Masters Degree Management (MA)
Manchester Metropolitan University1996
• Graduated with a Masters Degree (MA) Management in 1997 at Manchester Metropolitan University specialising in “Quality Management and Service Delivery”. Achieved the qualification whilst working as a full time Manager at Edexcel. • Completed the LEXCEL Assessor Award in 2005 and thereby qualified to practice as an independent consultant assisting law firms to prepare for the Lexcel accreditation process in their pursuit to achieve the quality standard. • Qualified as a DiSC Certified Trainer in 2011 to practice as a Behavioural Analyst across a wide range of business sectors • Worked as an External Examiner marking the GNVQ Advanced Papers in the field of IT in 2000 & 2001 whilst working as a Manager for Edexcel • Worked for a number of years as an NVQ Assessor on Level 4 and 5 Management Qualifications having successfully achieved the TDLB D32/33 Training & Development Assessor Units in 1999. • Main strength is the ability to design and create internal Quality Processes and Risk Management Procedures in order to streamline internal business operations and ensure they are aligned to the organisational goals and strategy.