- Business Consultancy
- Change Management
- Business Strategy
- Project Management
An extensively experienced and results-driven Director with over 25 years of experience operating in complex multi-channel b2b industrial services and distribution businesses. I can demonstrate a strong record of implementing robust management processes which have improved the performance of businesses which include turning around loss making organisations and successful integration of acquisitions.
I can contribute a hands-on and strategic leadership, providing supply chain high end B2B solutions within the industrial services and business supplies distribution sector. A natural leader and communicator with a profound capability to facilitate start-ups, mergers and acquisitions and business turnarounds through my extensive General Management experience.
I am passionate about empowering people and driving others to maximise their fullest potential with various recommendations for successful corporate improvement projects; contributes an inspirational leadership style, which is supportive yet challenging and based on personal integrity. I am also able to demonstrate a strong sense of purpose and determination to ensure the project or task are completed on time. This results in fully motivated teams and individuals, generating commitment to the organisation which ensures targets are consistently met.
I have a track record which personally achieves sustainable business growth for all types of organisations both in the UK and global-wide, delivering sustainable growth.
I am interested in coaching SMEs / start ups as well as interim consultancy opportunities where I can help an organisation to deliver consistent and deliverable sales and profit growth through the implementation of supply chain and and operational excellance business processes.
Matrix Coaching & Development
Managing Director1 - 5 Employees 2015 - Current
• I offer senior leadership interim expertise specifically in strategic General Management and Supply chain operational excellence within the B2B industrial service and distribution businesses. • Interim Operations Consultant for Ultra Finishing Group (9 months) - Implemented New Operational and supply chain structure for new division in B2C Retail ecommerce business. My brief included the commissioning of a new warehouse and implementation of NetSuite WMS, whilst developing new strategic 3PL partners. I also successfully introduced S&OP for the ordering of stock from UK and Far east suppliers, including the introduction of robust HSEQ procedurces and product compliance process.
Rexel Parker Merchanting
General Manager / Managing Director100+ Employees 2013 - 2015
Head of Rexels UK Safety consumable divsion supplying blue chip and sub-contractors customers within the construction, industrial, food and retail sectors. As General Manager I reported into Rexel UK Chief Executive with P&L responsibility for a £40M+ multi-site (20 branches) UK business.
Produced three year strategic plan which was communicated to all stakeholders to reverse 5 years of sales decline and return safety business to profit.
· Joined at a point where losses were £1m pa; turnaround EBITA performance to £2m + profit.
· Improved customer service and experience levels in all departments to 79% satisfaction levels, which was measured by external customer survey conducted by TLF in February 2015.
· Implemented S&OP system which resulted in availability of core line being improved to 99%, whilst overall stock holding was reduced by 20%.
· Successfully Project managed Parkers migration onto Rexel new ERP system M3 in 2014, which was viewed as the most successful IT transition of any Rexel Business.
· Reorganised commercial team by introducing concept of category management with preferred suppliers which resulted in the margin performance being improved by 500bps.
· Developed Supply Chain partners in the Far East to and successfully launched a new “own” label safety consumable range; this increased profit margins from 35% to 80%+.
· Implemented a brand new e commerce web channel, which generated £1m new revenue, managed through third party logistic partner who provide an 8pm order cut off for next day service.
· Successfully mentored national sales team to adopt principle of solution selling resulting £20M of new business being secured.
· Personally retained one of the largest clients for another 3-year contract (net worth to the business is £12m).
· Launched new sale channel Training and Consultancy service in 2013, which resulted in Parker Merchanting winning the BSIF Service excellence award in 2014.
Reorganised national call centre into Contact centre, adopting pro active sales and service culture
Bunzl Group PLC
Regional Operations Sales Director100+ Employees 2007 - 2012
· Senior level board director in the Greenham division: a national specialist b2b safety business who supply all types of organisations with essential safety and tool consumable product. Greenham are part of the £6bn turnover Bunzl Group.
· Throughout appointment, increased revenue from £45m to £65m by up skilling all sales channels and motivating 16 autonomous branch teams to achieve sales and margin growth.
· Managed one of Bunzl most successful acquisitions to date and still generated a £2.2m profit in challenging circumstances.
· Introduced the concept of “Lean Management and Route Optimisation”; reduced operational costs from 24% to 19%, which was the lowest in the UK, whilst improving OTIF performance to 96%, through a next day delivery network.
· Responsible with full P&L accountability for the performance of a £65m turnover region with 16 branches (Midlands, North of England and Scotland)
· Headed all aspects of sales, finance and operational service delivery.
Introduced the concept of better talent management; promoted internal progression, supported sales process through training and mentoring.