Business Owners - do you want to take advantage of the governments 80% wage guarantee scheme?
It is called the COVID 19 Job Retention Scheme and is NOT the same as laying staff off! It is furloughed leave - meaning temporary leave of absence; which until now has not carried any meaning in UK employment law.
It aims to keep employees on the payroll without them working, allowing them to return to work afterwards unless redundancies follow.
What you need to know -
- Applies only when employers can’t cover staff costs due to COVID 19, and want to avoid redundancies
- Any employer in the country will be eligible including charities and non-profits
- Employees need to agree to being “Furloughed” (a temporary leave of absence) during which they must not work for the employer
- 80% of wage is guaranteed (PAYE workers only) capped at £2.5k
- It is accessed via an online portal
- It is a 3-month grant that does not have to be paid back
I am offering a FREE initial consultation on this and related people matters. So if you or anyone you know requires expert HR assistance contact me my website https://henrysarkmanagementconsultantsltd.com/